Some people like it sweet, others prefer it salty, we are talking about puff pastry. Ready-made dough from the supermarket is quick to make and versatile. If you prefer to use a homemade sheeter, of course you can.
Minced meat and cheese wrapped in puff pastry
This recipe is perfect for anyone who likes it salty. Minced meat, cream cheese and a variety of vegetables are combined in a puff pastry roll to create a sweet and delicious meal. Sliced, the strudel is also suitable as a finger food.
For the 12 servings you need
- 450 grams of leaves
- 1 piece of red pepper
- 1/2 celery stick
- 1 piece of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 pieces of tomato
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 250 g minced beef
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 100 g herbal cream cheese
- Grease for cans
- 1 piece egg yolk
This is how puff pastry strudel is prepared
- Defrost the foil. Wash, clean and slice the peppers. Wash and clean the celery and cut into thin rings. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Remove the stems from the tomatoes, wash and slice them.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables. Add ground beef and fry until crisp. Season and mix in the tomato paste. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven). Spread the puff pastry into a rectangle (about 30 x 40 cm) and spread with cream cheese. Spread the minced meat and vegetable mixture on top. Turn the leaf from the long side and place it in the oven on a greased baking sheet.
- Beat the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water and comb the dough. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes. Slice and serve immediately. A fresh salad is good.
Energy and nutritional values per portion
Caloric value: 248 kcal/ 1042 kJ
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fat: 19 g