Chicken Soup Recipe: This delicious classic soup is very easy
Author: Aline Neissner
What could be nicer than drinking hot soup on a cloudy, overcast day? Chicken soup is not only delicious, but it warms you from the inside and is beneficial.
Chicken soup is probably one of the most famous soups and is popular with many families. Recipes are passed down from generation to generation, each developing their preferences over time – with or without pasta, green soups or other vegetables, egg cream or special spices.
But the chicken soup is not only convincing in terms of taste. It is also considered a simple and anti-inflammatory home remedy for colds, although this has not been scientifically proven. By the way, chicken soup is perfect not only as a main meal, but also as a starter for the holiday menu.
with me soups-TAG24’s recipe, now you can easily prepare a classic chicken soup that many people know from their childhood.
Classic Chicken Soup | the recipe
Cooking chicken soup that warms you from the inside is not that difficult and only requires a few kitchen accessories.
- a cutting board
- a sharp kitchen knife
- a large saucepan
- if necessary, a second pot or a large bowl
- a cooking spoon
- a dish
- possibly a sieve
chicken soup | the components
The ingredients listed make about four servings of chicken soup:
- 1 soup chicken (about 1.5 kg)
- 1 bunch of soup greens (eg carrots, parsley, leeks, celery)
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 pieces
- Salt pepper
- the water
- additional insoles as needed (see “Tips” below)
chicken soup | Step by step cooking instructions
1. Step: First, wash the soup chicken thoroughly inside and out, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut off the fat gland (aka rump) of the tail with a sharp knife. This is to avoid a fishy taste.
2. Step: Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with enough water. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bay leaves, cloves and onion skins and bring everything to a boil. The skin of the onion should give a stronger color.
3. Step: Cook on medium heat for about 90 minutes. From time to time, skim off the foam with a spoon to keep the broth clear.
4. Step: Meanwhile, the soup greens can be washed, peeled and cut into pieces about two centimeters.
5. Step: After the cooking time is over, the chicken is removed from the pot and placed on a large plate. The onion and other solids are removed from the broth. Alternatively, everything can be poured through a sieve into a second container.
6. Step: The meat of the soup chicken should be removed from the bones while it is still warm, so it will be easier to peel. Remove the skin and cut or cut the meat into small pieces.
7. Step: Add the chopped vegetables and meat to the broth and cook for another 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Fresh parsley can be sprinkled over the chicken soup before serving. If you want, you can also eat a slice of bread with the soup.
With these tips, your chicken soup will be perfect
advice #1 Chicken breast soup instead of chicken: In addition to chicken soup, other chicken parts such as feet, necks or bones can also be used to make chicken soup. Alternatively, of course, chicken breast can also be used. However, this means that the soup cannot be as strong.
advice #2 Filling the side dish: If you want to make the chicken soup even more filling, you can add finely chopped potato pieces or rice in the last step. Noodles and semolina dumplings are also excellent. In order for them to remain al dente, however, they must be prepared separately and added to the soup shortly before serving.
advice #3 Vegetables: When it comes to the vegetables, everyone can change them according to their taste. It’s up to you whether you use frozen or fresh seasonal produce. In addition to green soups, peas, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms or beans can also be added.
Pizza Soup Recipe: A complete hit at every party
advice #4 Ginger: Adding ginger gives the chicken soup a slightly spicy note. In addition, the root releases valuable health-promoting compounds.
advice #5 Durability: Freshly made soup will keep in the refrigerator for several days. But it can also be filled and frozen in the right tins, so you can take it out and enjoy it at any time.
TAG24 wishes you good health and good appetite!
Cover photo: 123rf/katyjay